Sunday, August 2, 2015

Hiking: Mount Timpanogos

Not going to lie, this hike was one of the hardest things I have ever done. E v e r. 
But it was so worth it. 

Here are some of the facts:

  • Total Elevation: 11,695 ft
  • Distance: 16 miles round trip
  • Water Consumption: 7 bottles
  • Start time: 5 am
  • Mountain View from the summit: totally worth it. 

Annnnnd now for a TON of pictures....

(Oh and I went with the Jubecks and a few of their family members! Super fun group!)



Waking up at 3 am isn't so bad when you get to watch the sunrise from the side of a mountain!


Elise's uncle insisted I needed a picture of me standing next to a waterfall....so there you have it.




We went at the perfect time of year where there were TONS of beautiful wildflowers EVERYwhere. I was in heaven. (Flowers = the way to my heart. Also food...that's another way ;))






SNOW!! This Florida girl was quite amazed.


This was the point where I was thinking, "That?! I'm climbing all the way up to that!?" 



Not only did I get to see snow mid-June... I got to walk across it...super cool. (Literally.) 

So the next few photos are views from the saddle, which is the flat part right before you get to the summit. This was the point where I was contemplating my decision to participate in this hike. And debating on whether or not the hike to the summit was worth it. (It totally was.) I started giving myself anxiety knowing I would half to climb alllllllll the way back down!



AND then I made it to the top:


And I was totally sold on this whole mountain hiking thing.


I mean just look at that view!! You could see all of Utah County!


Looking down and thinking: "I can do this...I can do this." 



^^ Fav picture from the whole adventure ^^


And then that was the climb back down. Literally miles of steep, rocking stairs that had me terrified. 



Random wildflower picture. Because why not.


Some of the greatest hiking buds ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment