Sunday, November 1, 2015

Called To Serve

Even as I sit here typing this, it doesn't feel real. I still can't believe I'm going on a mission. I still can't believe I'm going where I'm going! But I am. so. excited. 

I had expected my call to be here before conference weekend, and I had planned on opening it that Sunday when all of my family would be home.

However, Heavenly Father and the USPS had something else in mind, and despite checking the mail 20120498 times on Friday and Saturday it still. wasn't. there. 

Monday morning I got a call from my mom and she said, "If you get a package notification, don't think it is your mission call. I sent you one last week and it should be there today! So don't freak out, I don't want you to be disappointed.



-___- 

Thanks, Mom. 

So a few hours later I get a package notification email and nonchalantly walk down to the mail room with little to no hope that my call would be here. 

I calmly give the person at the desk the package number and show him my ID. 

And then. 

He starts reaching over the pile...of mission calls. 

Whaaaaaa? My heart started beating like crazy and I was TOTALLY thrown off guard.  And before I knew it I was running home, calling my mom, and freaking out, all with my mission call package IN MY HAND. 



I had to hid it in my room and go study at the library for the rest of the day to avoid just sitting and staring at it. (I mean, the next 18 months of my life would be determined by what that little slip of paper said...soooo.) 

And then the moment of truth came: the fam was FaceTimed in, the friends were invited over, and the nerves were definitely there...



"Dear Sister Carver,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the ITALY ROME MISSION."

I report February 3rd, and I will be speaking Italian! 


I could not be more excited, thankful, and anxious for this opportunity. Like I said, it still does not feel real!! I know that this is where I need to go, this is where Heavenly Father needs me, and this is where I can learn and grow the most. I am ready to work as hard as I ever have before and serve the Lord with all my heart. 

I know that His Gospel is true. There is not a doubt in my mind. Christ and our Heavenly Father love us all so much, and I can't wait to share that love with the people of Italy. It will be a crazy and life changing experience, and I can't wait to get started. 


No comments:

Post a Comment