Monday, May 23, 2016

Cosenza

Week 16


Hello!

We've had a great and busy week here in lovely Cosenza!

We spent some time in Crotone for Scambio and a combined DDM, we had
lots of visits with less actives this week, and we had two members
give us names of people/friends they knew that might be interested in
meeting with us! All in all its been a great week, with lots of
promise for next week too. :) This transfer is cut short, so we
actually receive transfer calls THIS Saturday! Crazy how fast it's
gone!! We are betting that Sorella Pinnegar is moving on (seeing how
she's been here NINE months already!!) but other that that were not
sure what will happen! Vediamo!

Funny Italian experience number 2389: yesterday we set aside an hour
to finish up our weekly planning session (that was cut short because
we were in Crotone Friday). We had a list of about 10 people to call
to confirm or set appointments for this week, in priority order of
like who we needed to call first so we could tell the next person when
we were free, etc, etc... Anyways... We sit down and get work, and I
kid you not, every person said basically "Sì, si!" when we asked if we
could see them, and then when we asked when they'd say "Uhhh... Non lo
so... Ci sentiamo, okay, va bene??" ("Don't know, we'll hear from each
other, okay?")
....it's the Italian lifestyle.
....Va bene.
Haha we tried and it all works out when you're doing your best and
you're on Lord's errand, right?! Right! ;)

This week we used a lot of finding time ringing citofonos and knocking
on doors trying to talk to people. :) We were in a part of Cosenza
that we had never tried before and as we were going from Palazzo to
Palazzo I noticed how beautiful each door was! Intricate and detailed,
dark wood or brightly painted. (I will try to send some pictures -
we have really terrible Internet!) As we knocked on each door or
rang each name on the citofono, I was reminded of the painting of the
Savior knocking on the door that doesn't have a handle on the outside,
showing that we must open the door, as the ones inside.



 Later, I read this scripture from Revelations 3:20
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and
open the door, I will come in to him..."

Little thought I had about these two things... We all have doors to
our very different and very unique lives. But Jesus Christ, as our
brother, Savior, and Redeemer, stands at the door, knocking, waiting
for each of us to open. We are the only ones who have the ability to
do that!

We have busy lives filled with things to do and places to be.
Sometimes we are burdened down by the amount we need to do or the
tasks that are before us. But Christ has told us,
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in
heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy,
and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

I know at as we come unto Christ, we open the door for Him to do His
work and miracles in our lives. The way we do this is through learning of
Him and keeping those small and simple commandments that hold so much
power: scripture study, church attendance, and sincere prayer...by
coming unto him and making room for Him every day. If we do this, we
are promised rest. Rest from the things of the world that weigh us
down, and peace of mind, knowing that with Him we can do all we need
to do. I know that this is true, and this is why I'm here sharing what
I know and want so badly for others!

I love you all and I'm grateful for your love. The experiences I'm
having here are amazing, Italia is lovely, and the people here are
wonderful. (And sometimes crazy and hard to set appointments
with...but simply wonderful!) ❤️

Hoping you all have a great week!

Lots of love,
Sorella Carver

Homemade Gnocchi!
Citta Vecchia

No comments:

Post a Comment