Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Cosenza

Week 23

Me ne vado via!

One thing I've learned...
Is that you just never know and changes are a part of life (especially
in the mission!).

Whooooo hheeeee this has been CRAZY.

This week up until Friday was fairly normal! Our less actives and
members are doing well and we got some really good work done. Friday
we had the Crotone Sorelle in town, and early Saturday morning we
headed to Paola to put Sorella Roberts on a train up to Rome. She's
finished the mish and headed home with honor! Then the plan was for
Sorella Dustin to stay with us in Cosenza until Thursday (transfer
day).

However. Saturday was Transfer Call day, and we were called ON THE WAY
TO THE TRAIN STATION as we carried two big ol suitcases in 98 degree
weather. It was an adventure y'all!

And for the news:::
As sad as I'm am to say I have to leave Cosenza, I'm excited to also
say that I'm headed to LIDISPOLI!! (A small city on the coast near
Rome!) I will miss Calabria and all the crazy experiences I've had
here. This zone is were I started my mission, and it'll always have a
special place in my heart! But I know it's time to move on and do the
lords work for me in another area of Italy.
My new companion will be Sorella Cueva, a South American/Italian and
we will be "blowing in" the city....mish terms for when both Sorelle
leave and two brand new ones come in! To say I'm nervous is an
understatement, but it'll just be another adventure. ;)

Sorella Sargent (and MTC Sorella from my group) will come and take my
place! Andddd Sorella Dustin (who thought she was staying for sure in
Crotone) is ALSO being blow out! She's headed to Sardegna!

So long story slightly shorter... Our whole mission will be flipped
around next Thursday!! Quite literally. (There are 75 companionships
and 72 of them are changing. )

Saturday afternoon we headed to Crotone last minute so Sorella Dustin
can start packing and getting ready for the blowout. So much to do and
so little time! We'll be here until Tuesday morning, then we'll head
back to Cosenza and it'll be my turn to say goodbye to people, pack,
and get ready to go on Thursday!

All of this change and experience has made me think often of the
scripture that says "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for
I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear
record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God,
that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." D&C 68) I know that
this is true, and that all of us have this help and promise! I've got
it as I face big changes and new experiences in the mission, and each
of you with all the things you're facing. He is with you. And he will
stand by you.

I love you all and I'm grateful for you all!

Love,
Sorella Kaitlin Carver

4th of July Festa prep

4th of July Festa with branch

Gelato :)

No comments:

Post a Comment