Monday, September 5, 2016

Roma 1

Week 30


Good morning!

This week has been another good week filled with lots of laughs and
getting lost and sharing the gospel!

One highlight from the week was Sunday! Sorella Adamson and I decided
to join Young Women's (the class for girls ages 14-18) for the third
hour of church. It was SO great. It reminded me of how much I missed
it and how great of a program it is.
Our ward has about 6 girls that were there this Sunday and they were
all so sweet.
The title of the lesson was "Nel mondo ma non del mondo"...How we can
be in the world, but not OF the world. I definitely think this is a
lesson that applies to ALL of us, not just young women. In the world
we live in today, there are so many sad, hard, and terrible things. It
can be hard to not be weighed down by these things.
Two verses from the bible remind me of this...

John 17:15 -
"I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that
thou shouldest keep them from the evil."

These things that surround us are unavoidable...but the important
little things we should do each day (personal and family prayers,
purposeful scripture study, sabbath day observance, etc.) are the
things that protect and keep us away from harm the most.

And then the calming, assuring words of the Master in John 16:33 -
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.
In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have
overcome the world."

There's not much more that I can add to that but the fact that I know
it's true! My mission has been a wonderful thing so far, but that
doesn't mean there haven't been scary, hard, or difficult things to do
or see. I've had to rely more than ever on the peace and cheer that
the Savior and his teachings bring us. I know he lives and loves us,
and I know that through him we can have the greatest amount of peace
that we could find in the world.



LDS Rome Temple under construction

























This PDay we visited Porta Di Roma (a big shopping mall) and the
temple site! The work on the temple continues to go forward, and it is
looking beautiful!

Sending love to you all!
Love,
Sorella Kaitlin Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment