Saturday, February 18, 2017

Palermo

Week 53
(Written on 13 Feb 2017)


Ciao Folks!

It's been a crazy week! Transfers happened and I had to say goodbye to
my sweet Sorella Ferre. :( she headed to Siracusa Thursday and it was
so sad. I love that sweet Sorella a whole lot and I'm so grateful for
the two transfers of laughing, hard work, friendship, crying, frozen
yogurt, port and people loving we had together. But onward and upward
to the next adventure in the great Italy Rome mission!
Thursday I had kinda a crazy day because all the mission leaders went
up to Rome for a day for a conference. So we casually spent 48 hours
in Rome, and I was companionless and floated between our ZLs and Rome
Sorelle that whole time. :) it was crazy. This mission. It's crazy.
Friday night I made it back to Palermo and met my sweet new
comp...Sorella Oehler!! She's a sweetheart and I'm so excited to
begin working with her.
This Sunday we did a gesso in Centro, and we decided to draw out the
Plan of Salvation on the sheet and write the questions "Where did we
come from? Why are we here? Where will we go after this life?" As we
spent the evening talking to passersby my heart was filled with
gratitude for the fact that WE HAVE ANSWERS to these questions and so
many more. How much more clear, simple, and directed is our life
because of this. We don't have to search. We don't have to wonder.
We have a loving Heavenly Father. He created a plan for us. At the
center of that plan is our Savior, Jesus Christ. He guides and directs
his church on the earth today. He wants us to find the way back home
and he will help us along the way. I know this is true with all my
heart.
Heading into transfer nine and more excited and ready than ever. How
wonderful and beautiful is this work!
Love you all and hope it's a fantastic week!


Love,
Sorella Carver



Saying goodbye to Sorella Ferre

Mission Council in Rome


Saying hello to new comp, Sorella Oehler

Cheese market

No comments:

Post a Comment