Friday, March 27, 2015

Because He Lives - Easter 2015

Easter. It's one of those holidays that sneaks up on you! 

For most people, childhood Easters are memories filled with white fluffy bunnies, colorful eggs stuffed with delicious candy, and the long-awaited Easter dinner. Girls plan their Easter outfits, complete with pretty pastel dresses and shining white shoes, while the boys make their final strategies for the Egg hunt. For me, these are some of my fondest holiday memories!

Unfortunately, the main reason for this beloved holiday is sometimes suffocated behind the candy and eggs. 

I am grateful to have my childhood memories also be filled with an amazing message.

The wonderful, peace-filled message of the Savior and His Atonement. 



Every Easter, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints releases a short (but oh-so powerful!) video on the Savior. 
I am completely amazed at the simplicity of the message this year's video holds. 

It is comforting. It is powerful. It is the message of the Savior's resurrection. 

Please take a minute and watch it!!  <<Click it. Right there. Do it. You won't be disappointed!




I know that my Savior lives. I know that He loves each and every one of us. Through the power of His Atonement, we can be healed, comforted, and forgiven. 

He taught throughout His life the way that we need to follow in order to return to our loving Heavenly Father. 

He atoned for our sins, our pains, and our afflictions so that he would know how to succor us and lift our burdens.

He died for us.

But He rose again on the third day. I know that because He did this, with unconditional and unfailing love, we can someday, like Him, be resurrected. 





This is the message of Easter. This is the reason we celebrate! 



If you haven't seen last year's video message, you should definitely watch it too! 
(It may or may not be my all time favorite. Ever. Oh, SO good!)







No comments:

Post a Comment