Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Break 2015


//Public Service Announcement// This is going to be a verrryyy long post. Oops. Sorry.


One of the greatest things about where we live is the fact that we can have views like this pretty much any time of the year....


I'll be right here....all week long.

Seriously. This spot on the beach cost me $1... aka the bridge toll.

I think this is why Spring Break is my favorite school break! The saying is cheesy and over-used, but still true: "I live where you vacation!"



Anyways, this week has been great! 


Monday was spent doing some spring cleaning and yard work...which I didn't mind one bit because the weather was so lovely! After that we headed out to P'cola Beach for a short and sweet beach visit.
My sister is a babe. Enough said.

Tuesday was super similar, but I didn't have a problem with that! I was happy to get a good long run in with a friend, and then I headed out to the beach (again...big surprise?!) to meet up with Sarah and her family at the Margaritaville Hotel. We lounged on beach chairs, walked along the shore, and sipped on Shirley Temples while enjoying the pool. Perfection, right?




Wednesday and Thursday we took a much needed boat trip in Destin. It was freezing cold, but I still got in and went wake boarding on Wednesday. So. Fun.

We switched boats and took out the Cruiser Wednesday night. We enjoyed some delicious food from Dewey Destin's and watch the sunset from Crab Island. So beautiful! 



We woke up Thursday and went for a cruise in the Gulf which was amazingly calm and my favorite color of blue // green. We saw so many dolphins, too!

Friday was kind of a stinker...I had work while the rest of the fam went to visit our family in Alabama. I was super jealous!! But I'm glad to say I was able to go see them on Saturday and Sunday! 

We spent time around the bonfire, looking through old photo albums, and enjoying the dock by the river. It was a pretty perfect weekend! 



Jacob "ninja" jumping of the dock.

Throwing pine cones into the pond with Abel. Very fascinating. 

Hanging with basically the cutest cousins EVER.




And now ...*sigh*... back to school. Why can't break go on forever?





No comments:

Post a Comment