Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Sarah's visit!

It's hard to believe that the far-out, crazy plans we started to make in the middle of our senior year actually happened. 

Having been best friends with Sarah since kindergarten, if there is one thing I can tell you about our friendship, its that we have some crazy dreams. Day trips to New Orleans and Birmingham? On the list. Open a cake stand at the farmers' market? It was a serious consideration. Site-see in Sand Fransisco? One day. (That one will happen.)

So when I told her that I would be attending BYU beginning in the summer term, the dreaming planning began. 

I'm so glad I got to see this girl before she started off to Orlando. I am so incredibly grateful for the continual love, support, and friendship she has given me. And I'm so glad I have the memories from that weekend forever! 

I picked Sarah up from the airport on Thursday and we spent the day exploring Salt Lake. We got lunch at the CUTEST little bakery ever. It was delicious, and we loved doing what we do best...eating trying new foods!


Eva's Bakery 







Then we walked down a few blocks and went shopping at City Creek. It was quite the successful shopping trip! (Read: we went a little crazy.)


 And we also had some fun at Tiffany's. #oneday

Then we crossed the street and walked around Temple Square. It was such a beautiful day and the flowers we gorgeous!



On our way back down to Provo we took a little side-adventure and found the Draper Temple. Totally different architecture when compared with Salt Lake, but still just as beautiful! 


And we also saw the BIGGEST dahlias I have ever seen on the temple grounds. 



On Friday we went shopping again (surprise, surprise ;)) with my roommate Shaylee in Provo. We had at ton of fun and took a ton of silly pictures. 



Then we had quite an eventful evening. We went to an amazing restaurant in downtown Provo called Station 22 Cafe. It was amazing. I died and went to heaven. And the restaurant was super cool too! 


Stopped for a quick photo-op...



 And then raced back to the apartment, changed and drove up Provo Canyon to hike to Stewart Falls. (Before dark...haha)




We made it. Barely. And by that I mean Sarah couldn't breath for the first ten minutes, we heard a (rather large) animal moving through the trees next to us, we thought we were the only ones on the trail until we saw a couple ahead of us and followed them back, the sun was going down as we were coming to the trailhead, and I'm convinced I saw a bear in a field next to us (and therefore full on sprinted back to the car. Yeah...good times!)

Since it also happened to be Pioneer Day, there were fireworks going off everywhere! So Sarah and I met up with some of my friends and roommates at Rock Canyon and enjoyed a pretty impressive show of fireworks across the valley. 

And then decided we need to experience In-and-Out Burger for the first time and made a quick pit stop before we had to turn the rental car back in! (Tip: Get a vanilla milkshake, drink half of it, then fill up the cup the rest of the way with root beer. Ahhhhh so good.)


Saturday we explored the campus on what happened to be the hottest. day. ever. So we obviously needed to cool down with an ice cream.... or three. 




I mean, we had to try them all. Right?

Then we went to SLAB pizza and stuffed our faces enjoyed a meal with Montana! It was super delish. And super fun to share all the different kinds we ordered! 




And then sadly, the weekend was over :( Not fun. Saying goodbye was not so easy when I knew the next time I'd see her was Christmas, but I was such an AMAZING few days, so I'm grateful for that!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment