Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Home: where the palms meet the pines

There really is no place like it. 

I loved living in Utah for the last six months. I loved hiking to waterfalls and watching the sun set from the side of a mountain. I loved going to BYU and stretching myself to learn and to grow in ways I never imagined I would. I loved the people I met and the relationships I formed. I loved the fun places to eat and the new stops to visit. 

All that said...I am so glad to be home. 


The other day I stole borrowed my mom's car and went for a good slow and long run on the beach. It was pretty close to sunset, so when I finished I stopped and stretched while I watched the sun go down. 

I think I really did leave of piece of me here when I left, and that's never going to change. Memories flew back as I sat on the beach - so many amazing times with friends and family. 

I love my hometown. I love the people, the southern hospitality, and the coastal environment. I love the nearby towns and the fun places to explore. Mostly, I love the water and all that goes with it: the beach, the sand, the fishing, the boating, the smell of sunscreen, and the swimming. 

Part of me never wants leave, but at least the next few years of life will carry me to places far, far away. Part of my heart will always belong on the Emerald Coast. And as long as I'm away, I will always be missing that part. 
But I will always call this beautiful place home.



 (I love it when the waves wash up and make little pools of water.)




No comments:

Post a Comment