Thursday, February 18, 2016

Missionary Training Center

Week 2


Good morning!

This week has been awesome! I hope it's been the same for y'all.

It's hard to believe I've already been here for two weeks! Some days seems to last for what feels like eternity, but before I know it, a whole week has gone by. Everyday we practice teaching and working with other people. So everyday we are learning to use Italian, and everyday brings new challenges and successes! We also have devotionals with amazing speakers every Tuesday and Sunday evening. These have been really awesome to go to. 

My companion's name is Sorella Leathern, and we have had a ton of fun working together and getting to know each other more and more every day. It'll be hard to say goodbye at the end of our MTC stay! 

We do a lot of the same things everyday, but hopefully once I'm in Italy, my emails can have more stories and experiences. :)

This week I've learned a lot about prayer. I'm so grateful for prayer in my life and the ways that it has blessed me. I know that prayer is a gift from our Father in Heaven, and that we can communicate with him by using this gift. During the week, I know that I can ask for help, express gratitude, or pray for comfort at any time. And that has been a huge blessing. 

I love this quote from Gordon B. Hinckley: 
"Get on your knees and ask for the blessing of the Lord, then stand on your feet and do what you are asked to do."

Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers, and when we follow through with the promptings and inspiration we receive we will be blessed even more. I know this because I've seen this work in my life, and it's my hope that you all will too. 

I love you all and I am grateful for you! 

Love,
Sorella Kaitlin Carver

Sorella Leathern and me

Sorella Leathern and me working hard in class!

My MTC District in the classroom:  these are the awesome Elders and Sisters I spend ALL day with EVERY day!

No comments:

Post a Comment