Friday, February 12, 2016

Missionary Training Center

Week 1



Hello all! 

For those of you who don't know, I'll be at the MTC (Missionary Training Center) for six weeks before I go to Italy. Here I am learning Italian and how to teach. 

It's been a whirlwind of a week but my new favorite phrase is "C'e la fate!" which means "You can do it!" This week has been filled with many new challenges and also many new exciting things. I'm learning so much, but sometimes it is really difficult! But this phrase has helped me keep a good perspective and remember that I really can do this!

I know, however, that we cannot do it alone. During one of our meetings this week we watched this video clip. If you have second, I hope you'll take some time to watch it. 


I love this quote from Elder David A. Bednar. He said, "We mistakenly believe that we must make the journey from good to better and become a saint all by ourselves, through sheer grit, willpower, and discipline. But the Gospel of the Savior is not simply about avoiding bad in our lives, it is essentially about doing and becoming good. And the Atonement provides help for us to overcome and avoid bad, and to do and become good."

I know that with the help of Jesus Christ and his Atonement, we can have our burdens lifted, we can be comforted when we are discouraged, and we can become who he wants us to be. 

I know that this is true, and knowing this has helped me so much this week! 

I love you all and hope you are doing well. :) 

Ciao, 
Sorella Kaitlin Carver 

MAR14 ITA-ROM
2005 North 900 East
Unit 92
Provo, UT 84602

My MTC Zone (I'm second from left, front row)



No comments:

Post a Comment