Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Roma 1

Week 28


Buongiorno, everybody!

A LOT has happened since last PDay! A LOT!
Monday was Ferragosto, and Italian holiday that basically shuts down
the whole country haha. But we were invited to a members
party/barbecue with tons of other members and we had such a good time
getting to spend time with them. The food was delicious, the area was
beautiful, and the company was so great. :)

Ferragosta Pranzo
Monday night we also received transfer calls!! We were in a lesson
when Sorella Pickerd called, so we had to wait until we finished the
lesson to call her back. However, the people we were teaching were
super talkative, so by the time we actually left the house we were
running a little late.... :/ So we are literally running home as
Sorella Cueva calls Sorella Pickerd back so we can make it home on
time. She gets her on the phone but then we get in the elevator and the
line DROPS. So we had to wait till we were back in the housetops to call
her AGAIN. We were so anzy at this point haha! We finally got ahold of
her and...

Sorella Cueva will be training (!!!!!!) in Ladispoli, and I was
transferred to the Roma 1 area to open up a second set of Sorelle
Missionaries with Sorella Adamson!

I was sad to leave Ladispoli and Sorella Cueva, especially since I was
there for only five weeks and I had really started to love it. BUT I'm
so excited for Sorella Cueva to train, and I'm so excited for this
HUGE fresh start in Rome 1.

I didn't make a huge jump with this transfer... I'm in the other Rome
Zone now, but my area is in the same stake as Ladispoli. We are in a
four Sorelle house now with Sorella Erickson and Sorella Nelson, who
are so so awesome. My companion, Sorella Adamson, is from Australia!
She's got two transfers left before she goes home, and we're excited
to just hit the road running in this brand new area. The ward is huge,
and often is the ward that tourists visit when they're here on
vacation. A lot of the members are from South America too, so we might
be learning some Spanish in this area. 😳 Super exciting! Our area is
beautiful and covers a lot of central Rome...the Vatican is like 3k
away from our house. I'm falling in love with this amazing city!

This week I just want to share a quick verse I'm loving right now from
Romans 1:15-16

"So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that
are at Rome also.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of
God unto salvation to every one that believeth"

I'm ready to preach the gospel here in Rome. I'm so excited for this
transfer, for our work to start here, and for everything that is to
come. I am also not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. His way is the
way that leads us to find happiness in this life when nothing else
can, and gives of the hope and assurance of an eternal life to come. I
know he loves us, and that is why he provided us with this gospel and
these commandments. Instead of limitations or unreachable
expectations, they are directions (like a metro map!) that help us
find our way. I love my Savior, and I know he lives and loves us too.

Lots of love,
Sorella Carver
Overlook fo Piazza Del Popolo

new comp - Sorella Adamson!

No comments:

Post a Comment