Friday, August 19, 2016

Ladispoli

Week 27
(written on Aug 15, 2016)


Ciao, cari!

How are we already half way through with August? 
This week has gone faster than ever but it's been wonderful. I got a little sick there in the middle (little fever and cough) but nothing some DayQuil and a pisolino couldn't fix. Not sure what I caught, but it wasn't fun. But that's okay... Nothing stops missionary work! 
We are planning to have an open house on the 27th at the church, so this week we spent a lot of time prepping for that and meeting with other church members/leaders to organize ourselves. 
We also had another Scambio this week. This time I was in the Roma 2 area with Sorella Caramia! She's just about the sweetest person I've ever met, and it was so great to work with her. While I was there Friday morning we participated in a service project with some other missionaries and a few members. We painted some walls in a nearby park, and it was so fun and we did some really good work.
While I was there, I also saw a quote on the wall in the Sorelle's apartment from Kid President that made me laugh... 

"Give people high fives just for getting out of bed. Being a person is hard sometimes.

Haha how true is that?! It also made me think of a quote from President Monson my momma shared with me some time ago...

"Life is perfect for none of us. Rather than being judgmental and critical of each other, may we have the pure love of Christ for our fellow travelers in this journey through life."  

We really are all fellow travelers on this journey! We are all children of the same Heavenly Father, sent here to this earth to learn and grow and become like him. If the whole world could know that, how much better of a place would it be? I hope that this week we can all take a second and remember to show the pure love of Christ to all we meet or to all we may come in contact with. A smile, a kind word, an extra bit of patience.

I love you all and I'm grateful for you all!
Love,
Sorella Carver 
Service Project in Rome 2 with Sorella Caramia and others
Waiting on the train...
Dinner with the Famiglia Gambi and Dayana,
a new convert we work with


No comments:

Post a Comment