Sunday, October 2, 2016

Roma 1

Week 33
(written on 26 Sep 2016)


Hello, y'all!

First off, I apologize for the lack of good emails lately. I feel like every week is filled with more and more good stuff, and every PDay gets shorter and shorter and I have no time to write it all down! I wish I could say I was doing better with my journaling so at least everything is being written down somewhere...buttttt.... 😬 

This week has been really amazing though! Unfortunately pictures will have to portray that. I do just want to share a bit from one of my favorite days of the week...SUNDAY! This Sunday was absolutely nuts! We were short on members that could translate, so we missionaries had a great chance to serve by translating in Relief Society, Sunday School, Young Women's, AND primary. 

AND I GOT TO BE IN PRIMARY! That, I swear, is the loudest and craziest room in the whole church building, but to me it feels the most like Heaven. As I sat next to about six English speaking kids, I got to teach and share about how and why we pray, how much our Heavenly Father loves us, and missionary work. The simplest of teachings, but honestly the most powerful.

I got to sit right next to a little boy named Jake. :) He's about the cutest thing ever and reminded me of my little brother. While we waited between classes and lessons I showed him pictures of Jacob, and Jake informed me that he also loves Tae Kwan Do, Iron Man, Cars, and Legos. (There ya go, Buddy! ;))  I was as happy as a sister missionary could be. :) 


Jake in Primary :)



I love the references Christ always gave to children. He always invited them, included them, and probably most importantly, commanded us to become like them. If our two hours in primary and sitting next to Jake taught me anything, it taught me how important this command is. They are pure, they are righteous, and they are close and dear to our Heavenly Father. They are meek, they seek to learn, and they are submissive (most of the time haha). I pray that we can all seek to become like a little child. 

I know we are all children of our Heavenly Father who loves us more than we can imagine. He watches over us, He truly takes care of us, and He knows us each individually. 

I love you all! Have a great week!

Cool Roma Market
Spanish Steps



No comments:

Post a Comment