Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Roma 1

Week 34


Ciao, Cari!

What a wonderful week it has been. And what an awesome General Conference.

Today, I just have one thing to say: I love being a missionary.

I really do. To echo the words of Elder Dallin H. Oaks from
conference, "What could be more enjoyable the sharing the truths of
eternity with God's children?"

Nothing. That is the great commission of which he spoke. A commission
that not only applies to full time missionaries with a name tag,
shipped off to a foreign land, but a commission to ALL that have been
blessed with pieces of the truths of eternity.

When we remember who we really are and what we really know, our desire
to share that will grow. As we turn to the Lord, he will provide us
with ways to fulfill that desire, and he will help us become
instruments in His hands.

During general conference, Elder Neil L Anderson spoke of a puzzle,
and how each of us can take pieces from the pile and fill in the
picture. He said, "You are connecting the puzzle pieces of His
marvelous work and wonder."

How grateful I am to be participating in this. It really is a
marvelous work and a wonder. Each week 
I see so many miracles, my
testimony grows, and I'm continually amazed by the love that our
Heavenly Father has for each one of his children. I'm grateful to be a
missionary.

I'm also grateful to know that my mission will never truly end. Yes,
one day I'll be back home and have to take off the nametag and try to
be a normal person again (haha), but if there's one thing I learned
from General Conference this weekend is that this call, this
commission, to take the gospel to all corners of the earth, never
truly ends. There is always work to do, there is always joy to spread.

I hope you have all had the opportunity to hear General Conference
this week, and if not, that you will take the time to listen! With
questions in mind and an open heart, we can receive answers and
guidance for the things we need.

Sending love,
Sorella Carver



With Aurea and Sorella Adamson
Pranzo on General Conference Sunday


Via Della Missione

No comments:

Post a Comment