Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Roma 1

Week 35


Hello Family and Friends!

This week has been crazy, but crazy good!
My Permesso di Soggiorno was FINALLY finished, and so Sorella Adamson and I
had a great adventure heading back to Cosenza for me to pick it up. I
experienced so much growth, learning, and wonderful things during my
time in Cosenza. As a brand new missionary, however, I often
struggled, as most new missionaries do, to express myself and fully open
up. I remember one of my favorite things every week was English Group.
I was able to open up more and most importantly, turn outwards as I
served others and helped them learn English. It always provided me
with an opportunity to talk and try to hold conversations on my own.
During my three transfers in Cosenza, a woman who came every time
without fail became my dear friend. Her name is Emma. I looked forward
to seeing her every Tuesday and Thursday. While I was there this week
I was able to see her again. It was so wonderful! I could talk a whole
lot easier this time haha and was able to share my love for her, for
this gospel, and for missionary work with her. It was a huge miracle
and a huge blessing. (And made two days of train rides wellllll worth
it!)

Also this week we had a ward activity that we planned! It was a
culture night, and we have so many different cultures in this ward.
Every country had a different table with decorations and (most
importantly) food and it was a blast. It really brought this ward
together and provided an opportunity for non members to come and see
another part of our church!

Another huge miracle this week also happened on Friday night. After a
fall through on several plans, some rain, and a missed bus, we had the
thought to try an old investigator that we had tried previously
several times. And she was there, and not only was she there, but her
absolutely adorable daughters, Giulia and Giada. They're fourteen and
nine and all three are open and willing to listen to our message. We
have a return appointment with them this week and we are so so so
excited.

I love you all and I'm grateful for you love and support. These three
paragraphs just don't do justice to how much we see every week. This
is His work, and I'm so glad I get to be a part of it.

Love,
Sorella Carver

with Emma in Cosenza

Amazing bread shop

Cultural Night at Roma 1 Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment