Sunday, November 27, 2016

Palermo

Week 41
(written on 21 Nov 2016)


Well, folks! I wasn't kidding about the whole "week of changes" thing!!

This has been hands down, no doubt, the craziest week of my life yet.
Monday- getting Sorella Adamson to the Villa and saying goodbye. :(
Picking up Sorella CaliĆ² (heyyy old comps, new city!) who came with me
to Rome One to be my temporary companion for the week! Then for
transfer calls. Obviously I was anxious to see who the new companion
would be, but had no thought about changing cities. But the phone
rings......ready... Palermo, blow in training, and Sister Training
Leader. What?!?!
Tuesday and Wednesday- Trainers Training meeting in Rome, blow out
notes, packing, saying good bye, and just trying to wrap my head
around what was happening still.
Thursday- an early morning at Termini where I met my new companion!!!!
Sorella Ferre!!!!! She's the cutest thing ever and so so sweet. (We
are so excited to get going in Palermo...once we figure out our way
around! :/ haha) We had a FOURTEEN HOUR train ride down, including a
ferry across the Messina Strait and lots of beautiful Italian
countryside.
And since then we've been just trying to figure out our way around and
the work here in Palermo, as well as permesosos.
We are in the Palermo 2 ward, but we'll also be working with Palermo
3, an International English Branch. So exciting.

Sicilia..!!!! It's a dream and I still can't believe I'm here.

With this week being Thanksgiving, I just want to take a little space
share what I am so so grateful for. I'm sad to be missing out on the
holiday that I love so much, but gratitude is something we can show
everyday. I'm grateful to be a missionary. This is the best work I've
ever done, and the best decision I've ever made. I'm grateful for the
people here in Italy that have touched my life and the experiences that
I've had. I'm grateful for the gospel that we share and preach. The
fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ is available to all of us, and
this truth and knowledge has changed me life. I'm grateful for the way
it has blessed and helped my family. My family!!! I can't express how
grateful I am for them. Their support, love, and encouragement. I'm
grateful above all to know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me
and a Savior who knows me perfectly.
Thank you to all of you as well. I love you all and hope you have an
awesome Thanksgiving!

Love,
Sorella Carver

Meeting new comp, Sorella Ferre
Ferry ride to Sicily
First gelato in Palermo!



Beautiful Palermo building
with new friends at theater in Palermo

Theater in Palermo

No comments:

Post a Comment