Thursday, December 29, 2016

Palermo

Week 46
(written 26 December 2016)

Hello!

I hope everyone had the best Christmas ever! We've had such a great
week and that was definitely a Christmas to remember.
This week was filled with more food and chocolate than I care to
disclose. Ha. But it was also COMPLETELY FILLED with love and service
and good memories. We had a zone Pranzo at the Garretts, we had a huge
and absolutely hilarious Christmas party (Christian and Zina came and
loved every minute and our nativity was beautiful!). Saturday we
served by helping prepare our Christmas Pranzo for Palermo 3 lunch on
Sunday with Elizabeth and Sorella Aloisio. We chopped and diced and
cried from too many onions, but we had a ton of fun. That night, we
watched our Christmas movie at the Garrets house. It was just Sorella
Ferre and I and the Garretts, who surprised us with soup and Christmas
oranges. We decided to watch Its A Wonderful Life and we fell in love.
New Christmas tradition hands down!!
That night we put all our mattresses in the living room and woke up
bright and early and had a pancake breakfast, opened gifts, and got
all ready for church. We had a wonderful sacrament meeting, and then
enjoyed our Pranzo afterwards. So many people and it felt just like
family. Speaking of which........SKYPING. Biggest Christmas gift ever.
I love my family.

So to wrap up this week and steal some words: it's a wonderful life.
And I'm excited to start this new year and keep going forward with
this wonderful work.

I love you all and hope you continue to enjoy this special season!
Love,
Sorella Carver


prepping for Christmas Pranzo

Le Sorelle di Palermo

Sorella Ferre & me

Sorella Ferre & me

Zone Pranzo at the Garretts

No comments:

Post a Comment