Monday, February 27, 2017

Palermo

Week 55


Hello everyone!

Well, summer is upon us here in North Africa. Just kidding. But not
really. Spring has definitely arrived though, and I'm ready for tights
and jacket season to be over! It's been a beautiful week.

My favorite miracle this week was definitely Sunday. We had called a
bunch of investigators and simpatizzanti doing every thing we could to
help them experience church Sunday morning. Well. Sunday morning comes
around and no one had shown up. I was fighting off a little
disappointment as we sang the sacrament hymn (that's kinda the like
the last chance...they're either coming or they're not...) but then,
as the first speaker begins his talk, in walks cute 12 year old
Christian (Zina's son) all by himself!! His mom had to go to the store
and couldn't come, and so he told her he was going to go by himself!
(They live right down the street from the church!) I didn't know
whether to laugh, smile, or cry when he said that.

This week on Thursday in a lesson with Zina, she closed with a prayer
and it was beautiful. Then cute little Cristian pipes up "Mom you need
to say 'in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.' And the end." I was like
"How did you know that?!" And he goes "I read that little book you
left mom" referring to the Restoration Pamphlet. *cue me picking my
chin up off the floor*

So. This week, we are looking forward to teaching them the plan of
Salvation and helping them realize the importance of our life here on
earth. But judging by how much of that pamphlet Christian read during
Sunday School, he'll be teaching us. ;)

Our leaders have been encouraging us to work with this golden age of i
Giovani. They are searching, willing to change, and will carry on the
church for generations to come after their own conversion begins to
take place. I'm know that this is true! I've seen it in the lives of
so many people who have had such an important role in my life. We are
looking for our youth and GANS, and I hope that each of you will take
the chance to strengthen or help a giovane this week.

Love and miss y'all!
Sorella Carver

Pics from Pday today, hiking in Santa Flavia park/ruins:










No comments:

Post a Comment