Monday, March 13, 2017

Palermo

Week 57



Hello friends and family!

It's been a pretty sunny week here in Palermo with lots of stuff going
on. My favorite part of the week was a Festa we had Friday night,
planned by the missionaries. We invited English Course students,
investigators, members from both wards...everybody!!!

One of my favorite Corso students, Enzo, kept asking, "But WHY are we
having a party?! WHAT are we celebrating?!" And we just would respond
"Why not? There's tons to celebrate - la vita, l'amicizia... dai,
Festeggiamo!"

The Festa turned out to be a huge hit. We played tons of Minute to Win
It games, ping pong, foosball, and had a balloon popping dancing
contest. It was a blast. The turn-out was great and we saw some
miracles!

This week, I've been living in Italy for a year. I don't know how to
describe to y'all how fast that time has gone, but it's been fast.
We're finishing up my 9th transfer and I'm not sure how...? But I can
tell you one thing is that I've fallen in love with this country,
these people, and the message of joy that we share. There is nothing
quite like waking up everyday and knowing you are going to help others
find faith in Christ and change their lives...it ends up really just
changing you! We have so much to be grateful for, so much to
celebrate, and so much love to share.


I love you all and I'm grateful for the love and support you send me!


Love,
Sorella Carver




Ward Festa

No comments:

Post a Comment