Monday, April 10, 2017

Palermo

Week 61


Good morning! Afternoon? ...not sure. Comunque. I love you all!! 

It's been a good week in sunny Palermo. I'm so excited for this next week though, with LA PASQUA coming up!
It seems like just a few days ago, I was in Cosenza, celebrating Easter as a new missionary and stunned by the large chocolate eggs everywhere. I can hardly believe a whole year has gone by!?!

There is no where else I'd rather be or no other work I'd rather be doing during this special season. I don't remember which General Authority said it or when it was said, but I love the quote that says something like, "As you help others come unto Christ, you will find that you yourself have grown closer to him." I can say with 100% certainty that I know that's true. I've never felt closer to my Savior and never felt his love more than I have as a missionary.
Every year, the church creates a video for Easter, and the title for this year is the "Prince of Peace." I LOVE IT.


Each and every single day we hear comments like "We live in such an evil world" or "If only every one believed like you do" or "There's so much sadness". 
The good news, though, is that there IS a way to peace. There is a way to hope, and there is ONE  who can help us overcome all things. "He “went about doing good” (Acts 10:38), yet was despised for it. His gospel was (and IS) a message of peace and goodwill. He entreated all to follow His example. He walked the roads of Palestine, healing the sick, causing the blind to see, and raising the dead. He taught the truths of eternity, the reality of our premortal existence, the purpose of our life on earth, and the potential for the sons and daughters of God in the life to come." ( from The Living Christ) 
As we come to know him, to understand his doctrine, and follow his example, our lives transform. Trials become learning experiences. Doubts and fears are replaced with hope. Sadness and pain can be changed into joy.
And we can find peace.
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (2 Nephi 19:6)
How grateful I am to know that he lives. That he loves us. And that he is always there. We can start again when we mess up, we can turn around when we're going in the wrong direction, and we can become more and more like him every day as we draw upon him and his power. He truly is the prince of peace and the constant source of hope for this constantly changing world.

I love you all and I hope it's a wonderful Easter week filled with love and family and really good chocolate. ;) Thank you for your emails, love, and prayers. 
Love,
Sorella Carver 




Fresh strawberry banana smoothies!

How do you celebrate Easter?




No comments:

Post a Comment