Saturday, April 29, 2017

Palermo

Week 63
(Written on 24 April 2017)

Hello, y'all!

This week was filled with lots of goodness!
Scambio with Sorella Erickson, Meno Attivi who finally let you in, a really great zone conference, and some sweet testimony-building moments with our members here in Palermo.

This week, I wanted to share a thought President Pickerd gave us this week during Zone Conference. As we talked about repentance and change, he had us turn to the classic, well-loved verse D&C 18:13.
"And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!" 

Then he asked the question, "Who's joy?" Based on the context of the rest of the section, we all responded "The Lords!" But then he said "But if it's referring to the Lord, shouldn't he be capitalized? His joy?" 

He further explained he didn't know with certainty who's joy was being referred to in the verse, but it opens up our mind to see the bigger picture. When a soul repenteth, how great is 
His joy (the Lords, because a lost sheep is coming back to the fold)
his joy (the soul that turns and changes for the better)
AND his joy (he one who "labored all his days in crying repentance unto the people" (verse 15)) 

I know that sometimes the word "repent" can seem harsh or scary or a bad thing. But in reality, the chance to change, to start again, to turn is the most joyous thing. I've felt this joy as I myself have changed, and I've felt this joy as I've been able to teach this principle to others. I know, above all, that it is only through Jesus Christ and his Atonement that we are able do this. We are SO imperfect, but we can overcome these imperfections, weaknesses, and worries as we turn to him and seek his help.

I love this work and I love y'all! Hope it's a great week!
Love, 
Sorella Carver







No comments:

Post a Comment