Monday, May 8, 2017

Cagliari

Week 65



Hellooo from the beautiful island of Sardegnaaaaa! I'm in Cagliari!!
It has been a crazy week, and I still can't believe all that has happened.

Monday night was transfer calls! Cagliari with Sorella Fielding!!
Sorella Erickson and I both left Palermo, while our comps stayed. We
ran all over the place for the next few days trying to say good bye to
people. Six months gave me plenty of time to make some really sweet
friendships, and it was hard to say so many goodbyes at once! I love
Palermo and the people there!
Then Wednesday night I got to packing after a dinner appointment. I DO
NOT suggest trying to meet weight requirements for a flight in the
last few months of your mission. It was quite the feat but I'm pretty
sure the guy at the baggage weigh in thing turned an eye...I might
have been a kilo or two over... 😏
Then bright and early Thursday morning, the Garretts took me to the
airport. And THAT was a hard goodbye! Mamma mia.
Flying was weird...especially by myself without a phone. I hope I
never have to do that again haha.
Thursday afternoon I landed in the beautiful city of Cagliari and met
up with Sorella Fielding! I'm so excited to serve with her! She's in
her fourth transfer and as sweet as sweet can be. We share the city
with two sets of elders and another set of sisters, none other than
the lovely sorella Frogley and Leathern (MY MTC COMP!!) Its just too
fun.
Cagliari is beautiful! It's very clean and very...almost American?
Haha basically the complete opposite of Palermo. The members here seem
great and can't wait to get to know them.
I'm excited for the work and the experiences we'll have here. It's
weird to be starting over again after being in Palermo for so long,
but I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve in this wonderful city!
I think it was last week I mentioned using the BOM to answer
questions. Sorella Fielding and I decided to search for some answers
that people could give us to a question we sometimes ask: "What brings
you happiness in this life?" We decided that if they answered "Family"
we would share Alma 5:38 and talk about the family of god, and how he
wants us all back home.
On Sunday, we went out for some Finding and met a sweet woman named
Alessandra. Her family is going through a bit of a hard time right now
and she's looking for peace and answers as she tries to help them as
best she can. It was amazing to see how what we prepared fit to her
needs exactly, even though we hadn't even met her! We should be seeing
her tomorrow again and I'm hopeful she will be receptive to learning
more. :)
I know the scriptures have the answers to life's questions and they
allow us to hear the lords voice and feel his love. I know that the
truth we find in the book Of Mormon and the Bible bring our families
more peace, joy, and happiness than we can possibly imagine.

I'm excited to begin this next chapter in Cagliari! I love and miss
you all and hope it's a great week!
XOXO,
Sorella Carver

with Cynthia

with la famiglia Albanese

with la famiglia Pulvirenti

with Zina

with Sorella Oehler

with Veronica
le sorelle di Cagliari

with Sorella Fielding


No comments:

Post a Comment